Game Development Community

Jittery Camera

by Jay Barnson · in Torque Game Builder · 09/03/2007 (9:13 am) · 3 replies

I have a player object that (for now) just has the ShooterControls object attached to it.

I have the camera mounted to the player object (sceneWindow2d.mount( player ); )

Unfortunately, the camera movement is very jittery, even after calling setVerticalSync(true). Does anybody else experience this issue? Is there a fix / workaround?

About the author

Jay has been a mainstream and indie game developer for a... uh, long time. His professional start came in 1994 developing titles for the then-unknown and upcoming Sony Playstation. He runs Rampant Games and blogs at Tales of the Rampant Coyote.

09/03/2007 (3:33 pm)
I experience the same issue with TGB1.5.x. The more complex the game is, the worse are the jitters.
09/03/2007 (3:44 pm)
Hmmm... well, mine is extremely simple at this point. There's a very definite vibration, as if the interpolation between calculated frames is off. Or maybe there's an inconsistent lag of a frame or two between the update and the rendering.

(Note: Running on an AMD 64 4400+ dual-core CPU, latest drivers, so it's not a slow processor).
09/03/2007 (4:06 pm)
Ah, Benjamin - I just found your thread:

http://garagegames.com/mg/forums/result.thread.php?qt=64825

Looks like its not just me, and it's not yet been resolved.

Suckage.